General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
A Communications Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring viability of ground communications systems supporting customer space launch operations at Vandenberg AFB, CA.
Person will work on a small team in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment, and must be self-directed and able to meet frequently changing customer needs. Must be able to dynamically flex time to meet variable mission requirements, which on occasion includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Travel is infrequent.
Individual will interface closely with communications users and providers from numerous organizations, at locations nation-wide. Responsibilities include collecting, validating and documenting extremely large sets of intricate, user voice communications requirements, followed by planning and conducting multi-system communications verifications, trouble identification, documentation and resolution. Includes administrative and staff work involving development and presentation of briefings, writing information and position papers.
Individual must have general knowledge of space launch booster and space vehicle operations and processes leading up to launch. Individual should also have specific functional knowledge of voice communications transport and end systems, to include T-1 trunking, voice networking, voice direct lines, Compunetix, DICES, and Orion end-equipment. Knowledge should include audio and visual communications signaling conventions and symmetry, voice communications anomaly characterization and isolation, and general processes for trouble resolution.
GDIT duties may also include:
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
8-10 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- Active, or ability to qualify for a TS/SCI clearance with Poly (mandatory)
- Associate's degree in IT-related field (technical preferred), or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-years communications operations and/or maintenance experience
- Voice communications operations and trouble-shooting experience
- Basic understanding of video and telemetry transmission systems functionality and topology
- Minimum of 5-years of space launch experience
- Understanding of Vandenberg AFB Launch Flow Processes
- Well developed written, verbal, and communications
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office, with special emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio
- Skill and temperament for repetition in documenting and verifying exacting requirements
Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.