We’re looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about AI, language technology, and building the next generation of intelligent machines. As a Software Engineer within our Artificial Machine Intelligence group you will work with scientists across multiple disciplines to implement speech and language research algorithms and business logic as reusable software components.
• Apply software engineering skills, design skills, and creative thinking to build cutting edge speech and language AI systems
• Maintain and update an existing C/C++ code base, adding bug fixes and enhancement as needed
• Porting code to new operating systems/compilers
• Creating unit tests and regression tests as part of continuous integration plan
• Help design and implement REST API to communicate with C/C++ backend server and package software deliverables in Docker
• Analyze complex issues in existing application workflow and recommend viable solutions or alternatives
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in CS/CE/EE/Computational Linguistics or other related field and at least 2 years of experience or MS degree in related field.
• In depth understanding of computer science data structures
• Demonstrated ability to use C/C++ professionally
• Experienced user of Linux command line environment
• Confident to build and package software from source code (Makefile/CMake, autoconf)
• Proficient in Linux shell scripting
• Experienced user of Git version control system
• Python and Perl scripting
• Docker container
• Java Programming
This position requires either (1) US citizenship, (2) Permanent Residency, or (3) other suitable documentation to permit hiring if you are not a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.