Do you have a passion for LO technology?
Would you enjoy working on a nationally certified ground plane range to support our nation’s security?
Are you motivated to work with little supervision?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, our mechanical design team at our Tucson, AZ, facility wants to hear from you!
We are seeking a Radar Cross Section / Low Observable Engineer to join the Air and Naval Defense Systems Mechanical Design Team. This design team functions within the Mechanical Subsystems Directorate and is committed to excellence supporting our customers and allies worldwide.
The Radar Cross Section / Low Observable Engineer will lead Radar Cross Section (RCS) predictions and measurements tests of developmental and production systems. The LO Engineer is expected to perform RCS predictions and should be familiar with limitations of wave code methods. Deliverables will include test documentation, data analysis, anomaly resolution, results documentation, and presentation of results to both internal and external customers. Candidate will work in integrated product teams to incorporate advanced signature control technologies into deliverable products and aid in assessment of system performance. Note that occasional non-standard work shifts, secondary to weather, may be expected during testing.
· The selected individual will document all activities pertaining to test preparation, data analysis, design trades, prediction results, and others
· The LO Engineer, will work within integrated product teams and support all aspects of that team’s design efforts with some direction from Senior Low Observables Engineer
· The LO Engineer will present results of testing, analysis, and design efforts to internal and external customers
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
· U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active DoD Security Clearance as of day one of employment
· BS Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or other Engineering discipline
· Eight (8) years of engineering experience, which must include Low Observable (LO) technology
· Prior work experience performing RCS measurement/testing, prediction, and design
· Working knowledge of full wave computational electromagnetic codes and full wave codes, as well as asymptotic techniques using industry standard tools such as XPATCH ProE, ACAD, Patran, CARLOS, SENTRi, or PioneerRCS
· Academic or applied experience utilizing RF testing techniques, terminology, and test equipment
· Occasional travel for business, training, and conferences is required
Desired Education, Experience and Skills:
· Advanced Degree: Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or other Engineering discipline
· Multiple tests of LO targets on ground plane ranges and compact ranges
· Absorber material treatments / design and testing experience (coatings, paint, MAGRAM)
· Understanding of electromagnetic fundamentals
· Experience with Infrared signature analysis and control
· Programming expertise in C++, MATLAB, or other technical language is desirable
· Experience in the field of infrared signature technology is desirable
· Advanced radar system development or test experience
· Presentation skills and ability to communicate with peers, executives and customers
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.