General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Senior Logistician Team Lead/Subject Matter Expert IV
Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
5. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
8. May have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Specific Additional Requirements:
The logistician is an integral member of the assessment team and supports the pre- mission/event planning. The Logistician shall document discrepancies found by other team members during ship assessments. This labor category requires experience and the ability to perform detailed and complex actions plus knowledge of shipboard systems and the Navy’s maintenance system, system specifications, the supply system, to include the 3M system. A Senior Logistician Team Lead SME 4 shall have a minimum of 20 years of task related experience and having been designated as a shipboard 3M Coordinator with NEC 9517 and a graduate of the 3M Systems Coordinator Course. Experience shall be recent (within 5 years).
A SME is a highly skilled individual who shall demonstrate specialized expertise in shipboard systems with 20 years of shipboard experience. Such individuals shall possess a unique capability or experience associated with a particular Navy classification rating. These positions require broad experience in shipboard systems and material condition assessment in order to be a credible SME and possess relevant and sufficient background to target the shipboard audience. These positions require relevant experience at senior levels or a key maintenance management/operational/leadership role. Must have experience in providing training and assessments at the senior technician level (often E7-E9 audience) and ship's wardrooms. SME shall have experience in material management programs in order to provide training ship’s company and shall provide process improvement recommendations to all levels of the shipboard Chain of Command. Must be able to effectively communicate and serve as an instructor and mentor to senior officers and senior enlisted Sailors. The SME must have recent experience conducting technical briefs at all levels of shipboard managers/technicians.
The SME shall be a graduate of the associated Navy A and C schools and be considered an expert in the field.
20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.