Kennedy Space Center
SAIC is looking for a Oracle Database Administrator to come join our mission in Cape Canaveral, FL. The candidate under general supervision, will work with a team of Database Administrators engaged in the day-to- day maintenance of Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL Databases. Diagnose and resolve problems in the area of Database Administration. Maintain database configuration; perform Oracle account management, database security, database backup and recovery, database refreshes, event log analysis, database tuning, sql tuning, disk space management, installation of software and patches, as well as other duties as assigned. Assignments are broad in nature, complex and usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Works independently and may train other personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
Work activities include:
Troubleshoot and resolve problems with Oracle Databases and related application software (COTS and or custom applications), as well as operating system software and hardware as it relates to the Oracle Databases.
Assist with building/deploying new Database Systems, including recommending hardware/software configurations, and researching vendor documentation to resolve problems.
Resolve incoming trouble tickets from System Users and Developers.
Research, plan, and install Oracle Patchsets on a quarterly basis and as needed.
Install/Upgrade Oracle Software, both client and server, as required.
Support software deployments after business hours as required.
Monitor database performance, usage, and growth, and recommend/take action as needed.
Monitor alert and listener logs, and address anomalies in a timely fashion.
Manage schema objects for optimal performance, and monitor and keep the SGAs tuned for all assigned databases.
Assist developers with assorted database issues including SQL optimization, batch job creation, database design, and troubleshooting
Predict future trends for database usage, database server capacity, and user workload.
Provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; (9) or more experience in lieu of degree; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
· Must have Database Administration experience with Oracle 12. 22.214.171.124 and/or Oracle 18c experience is a plus.
· Must have experience running Oracle on Microsoft Windows Server or Linux (Red Hat is preferred). Oracle on Windows Server is strongly preferred; experience in both Windows and Linux is optimal.
· Must possess the ability to tune SQL Statements, tune the SGA, and manage table storage.
· Must have experience with Oracle database upgrades.
· Must possess the ability to effectively work in Oracle from the SQL prompt level. Must also be able to create and execute SQL scripts for common maintenance tasks.
· Must have experience in database restoration and recovery.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work within a team environment.
· Excellent listening, analytical skills, and troubleshooting skills are essential, along with the ability to work well under pressure.
· The ability to script in Windows, Powershell, and Linux/UNIX is highly desired.
· Experience with IBM Maximo and/or PTC Windchill databases desired.
· Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server/ArcSDE desired.
· Experience with Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Cloud Control desired.
· Experience with MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server desired.