SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide management and oversight of the launch service development and procurement activities for the Launch Enterprise (LE) Directorate at SMC. Key aspects of this oversight will include the following:
• Launch Mission Assurance activities, in cooperation with FFRDC
• Launch Production / Product Quality for new launch service providers
• New Entrant Certification
• Early Integration Studies
• Lifecycle acquisition support (RFPs, Source Selection, Design Reviews, etc.) The Launch Service Development / Procurement Lead will report directly to the LE SE&I Program Manager and serve as part of the Key Personnel leadership team for the effort.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Oversight and management of all launch service development/procurement activities
• Lead activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
• Elicit and refine customer requirements
• Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
• Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
• Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Desired Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience
o Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience
o PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
Desired Technology Experience:
• Launch Integration
• Space and Ground systems • Acquisition