General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
The Senior Software Engineer position requires excellent Object-oriented programming, design pattern and visualization skills. The Senior Software Engineer will be involved in the development and deployment of our software solutions to various enterprise systems. The job requires the ability to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. The candidate must be passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and enjoys communicating and working with end-users. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Create and integrate features for secure service oriented software solutions using the latest Java technologies
· Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
· Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
· Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production
· Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development
· 10 or more years of experience as a key software developer
· Experience developing applications in Java and .Net technologies as a Senior Software Engineer
· Software Development experience including: OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, Eclipse, Visual Studio, 2D/3D visualization, GUI Development and Service Oriented Architectures.
· Experience with ESRI, ArcGIS, Oracle, VMWare, Jira and Java
· Experience or knowledge of big data solutions such as Hadoop/Cloudera
· Experience with Networks
· Strong object-oriented design and development experience
· Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation
· Multi-tier application design and development
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
· High degree of organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies and that will enhance job performance as Senior Software Engineer
· Knowledge of OSI layers 1-3
· Familiarity with geographic locations of interest is a benefit
· Foreign language capability is considered a plus
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.