General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Aegis Combat Systems Subject Matter Expert III
Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
5. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
8. May have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Specific Additional Requirements:
Normally a graduate of the associated Navy A and C schools and be considered an expert in the AEGIS field (FCA, FC, ET, IC, STG, GM, CTT). Candidates shall process documentation within Navy Fitness Reports, Evaluations, or prior contract performance) with a minimum of 20yrs of experience and shall have demonstrated relevant experience within the past 3 years.
10-15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.