Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest producer of advanced missile systems supporting our US warfighters and international allies. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains a set of purpose designed electrical subsystems. These subsystems enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking functions of the missile. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems including design, test and production.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Subsystems Center (SSC) is looking for Production Support Engineers responsible for Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and other electrical subsystems hardware. We are seeking early career candidates with the skills and passion to engineer complex systems, subsystems, circuit card assemblies and components.
A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes. A candidate willing to collaborate and coordinate with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and other Engineering disciplines to resolve issues that may arise during production, testing, and integration. Qualified candidates must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF testing and experience debugging complex circuit card assemblies or electro-mechanical systems. Knowledge of RF / microwave devices preferred.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing (including suppliers)
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
- Performing analog and digital circuit analysis and characterizing and modeling electrical signals of electronics subsystems in simulation
- Identifying and instantiating circuit card and subassembly design updates
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required.
Note: This position is an Electrical Engineer II
- 2+ years of experience in engineering
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Direct experience with electrical subsystems or circuit card assembly, electrical test and/or production support
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations and FRACAS processes
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
Required Education (including Major):
BS Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or Systems Engineering degreeThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.