General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks associated with drafting and design.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and associated AutoDesk products. Must be able to read and develop shipboard installation drawings and understand the Navy SHIPMAIN process.
13. Maintain configuration control of technical documentation.
14. Develop and submit Liaison Action Records (LARs) and Ship Change Documents (SCDs) as required.
15. Complete knowledge with Government and Commercial Design and Drafting requirements including Drawing Format, Weight Group assignment, General Specifications for Overhaul of Surface Ships and Submarines, Fleet Modernization Program Manual, ANSI/ASME, etc.
16. Prepare and submit estimates for projects requested by Program Managers.
17. Maintain and market department to ensure stability and growth.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.