full-time employee contract
Certified Welder 2 researches, plans, designs and develops new applications for electro-mechanical equipment and systems. Reviews contractor's standards, specifications and other documentation to determine mechanical engineering requirements. Designs or reviews simple mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, ventilation and/or instrumentation systems using analytical and investigative methods and techniques to ensure systems meet required specifications. Gathers and correlates basic data and performs routine engineering research and development assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests in order to develop new applications or upgrade existing hardware. Guides and assists technicians in fabrication and installation of simple mechanical and related equipment and routine systems in order to ensure conformance of product and systems with engineering design and customer specifications. May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions or improve equipment or system function. May review and correct drawings to ensure that products are in accordance with proper engineering techniques and specifications. Tasks may require physical abilities.
Thirteen (13) yrs. welding experience (e.g., MIG, TIG, ARC, etc.) with AWS D1.1 certification.
• Have institutional knowledge of electromechanical, mechanical, and pneumatic skills acquired through years of direct military or commercial support to maintain US proprietary low-density systems.
• Performs welding on ballistic hulls and metals, read blueprints and associated installation instructions, and perform assembly within specified tolerances.
• Proficient in the FCAW and SMAW processes. Provides design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed.
• Prepares instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
• For positions that require the application of welding skills, you will be required to validate your skills and abilities through a standardized testing and certification process. You must demonstrate your welding skills in accordance with applicable certification and testing per AWS DI.1 and ManTech Weld Procedures. If you are unable to successfully validate your welding skills, ManTech reserves the right to withdraw this offer or terminate your employment. If at anytime after your hire date, you are unable to perform the duties and tasks of the position for which you were hired, or to maintain contractually required specific welding certification, ManTech reserves the right to terminate your employment.
• Travel to hostile areas is required. Must be able to meet all government Individual Replacement Deployment Operations (IRDO) requirements for foreign travel into operational locations.
• Position requires moderate to lengthy travel to various US or OCONUS locations. We seek flexibility and willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South Central Asia. Some OCONUS deployments may be hostile ("war zone") environments.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• Must be able to obtain an Visa prior to DEPLOYMENT Security Requirements: Secret Security Clearance