General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.**
The Action Officer provides Director's Action Group (DAG) support in accordance with established organization/office policies; regulations; and procedures. The Action Officer directs and oversees the receipt; tasking; tracking and closure of all internal and external tasks. The Action Officer manages the action tracking system. The Action Officer establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the offices both internally and externally.
� Perform and maintain DAG support functions to include recognition programs; training; security
� Manage agency Tracking Information and Enterprise Response (TIER) actions for supported office
� Analyze and assign or perform actions as appropriate
� Coordinate responses and assess for accuracy prior to senior management review
� Manage and execute the action tracking process; develop standard operating procedures and serve as facilitator for user requirements
� Monitor progress on actions; generate metrics to demonstrate accountability for meeting deadlines and quality expectations; prepare periodic reports on action status and keep leadership aware of late; pending and new actions
� Disseminate policy and legislative changes to appropriate parties internal to the agency
� Draft; proofread; edit and provide final review of internal and external correspondence
� Develop and maintain presentations for audiences up to the agency level; maintain a quality control process for all presentations
� Participate in DAG-related meetings
� Participate in internal committees; Integrated Process Teams (IPT); working groups and task forces
� Manage records generated during the execution of the Directorates' projects and programs in accordance with Federal laws and regulations; as well as agency Directives and Instructions.
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs.
1. Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
3. Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.
4. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
5. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
6. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related experience supporting military operations.
� Skill to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility
� Ability to foster solid relationships that promote cooperation and communicate expectations
� Ability to analyze situations and make well informed decision
� Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
� Strong interpersonal skills
Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.