National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
The Construction Supervisor, under the general direction of the Manager or Lead Construction Supervisor, will be responsible for overseeing assigned external contract construction crews performing both maintenance and construction activities. They coordinate and monitor the daily activities of assigned contractors to assure high standards of safety, security, work quality and accuracy, environmental compliance, and assuring uninterrupted service is delivered to customers in a timely and professional manner consistent with Company and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the daily activities of assigned external contractors performing construction, maintenance and restoration work associated with electric utility civil construction. Work in unison with other National Grid departments to ensure a seamless transition of work.
- Monitor job progress, document crew activities and prepare reports.
- Assure that high standards of safety, security and environmental compliance are consistently followed at assigned work locations.
- Fully understand the assigned project scope and contract work authorization details. Interface with others on the project to ensure job commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure safe and reliable construction and maintenance activities consistent with company, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
- Ensure company guidelines and procedures, standards, and environmental and safety regulations are consistently adhered to. Assure compliance to all applicable Federal, state, local and National Grid guidelines, laws and regulations. - Provide quality assurance that the work being performed is per National Grid specifications, standards and applicable contractual documents.
- Work with other supervisors and departments to review engineering drawings, technical specifications, one line diagrams, outage plans, etc. survey site locations for constructability considerations, confirm proper permits and licenses are available prior to work start, and attend project meetings as requested.
- Document contract crew activities prepare and present periodic oral and written update reports and verify the accuracy of contractor invoicing. This will include ensuring adherence to contract documents to completion and monitoring change orders and reasoning. Report on job progress utilizing a web-based reporting database.
- Adhere to company operating procedures.
- Ensure successful performance of assigned contract crews and help to encourage a "continuous improvement" field work environment within a performance based culture.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Two year technical degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years relevant electrical construction experience in all aspects of electric utility operations, utility construction operations or similar industry
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, NEC, local, company safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret job scope of work, prints, specifications, schematics, one lines, outage plans, instructional
information and contract documents and also be able to catch errors before they are made and create effective solutions.
- Must have thorough understanding of electrical construction principles, equipment, work methods and the hazards associated with this work and have the ability to mitigate those hazards.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of company maintenance practices, safe work practices, tagging rules and labor
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Must be self-motivated and have strong time management and record keeping skills
- Field experience with switching and tagging.
- Ability to develop, administer and enforce a strong Safety culture.
- Hands-on experience with overseeing the completion of challenging electrical construction projects.
- Maintain a non-restricted driver's license.
- Able to travel throughout the service territory and willing to work extended hours when job requires and for system emergencies.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.