Systems Administrator VMware - Military veterans preferred
- The Senior VMware Administrator provides guidance to ensure all team requirements are successful and workload is efficiently balanced.
- Has a strong understanding of troubleshooting and configuration of VMware servers to include protocols and switching, best-practice configurations, connectivity and networking concepts.
- Applies a specific knowledge of VMware systems administration concepts, practices and procedures and is required to be available for on-call mission support.
- They are expected to work on complex assignments and perform a wide range of VMware system administration activities with little to no direct supervision.
- The VMware administrator must be a self-starter and be able to work under aggressive deadlines.
- The candidate possesses familiarity with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures.
- The ideal candidate can plan and execute tasks based on experience, judgment and independent research.
- The candidate reports to the Systems Manager.
- Act as a lead system administrator working with team members to ensure all requirements are delivered in an efficient, highly productive manner.
- Apply best practices where possible or engineer new best practices using innovative approaches as appropriate.
- Analyze new and existing software; install, maintain, and customize vendor software.
- Consult with internal and external users to identify and document user objectives.
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors; apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g., diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data.
- Provide root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problems.
- A 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years of VMware systems administration experience.
- 5-7+ years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience.
- Experience installing vCenter Server.
- Appliance/Platform Services Controller (PSC) including installation, configuration and updates.
- Ability to integrate and maintain VMware compute resources with Red Hat Satellite technology.
- Experience writing and debugging shell scripts in a standard UNIX shell.
- Knowledge of performance monitoring and tuning tools, problem determination and recovery, and security.
- Required to be on-call 24X7X365 and respond in a timely manner.
More Jobs For Veterans...