full-time employee contract
Maintenance Supervisor performs all functional duties independently in support of VEMOS maintenance operations. Plans, directs, or coordinates the VEMOS maintenance operations for assigned TA organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating maintenance policies, managing daily maintenance operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. Works with functional area leads on the management or administration of personnel.
Three (3) to 10 years of experience and a BA/BS or MA/MS degree. Proven maintenance, repair and technical experience and background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance. Mechanical and electronic troubleshooting skills to diagnose, align, and repair failed and damaged systems. Proven communicator in verbal and written disciplines. Ability to provide formal, over-the-shoulder, and on-the-spot training to contractor and unit personnel. Experience with office productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Oversees plant and manufacturing production by observingactivity and setting standards to ensure production and quality needs are met.
2. Conducts meetings and discussions pertaining tocontinuous improvement in responsible areas.
3. Teach work based manufacturing tools to support a servanthood leadership culture.
4. Establishment of weld and assembly specific KeyPerformance Indicators (KPI’s) and develop a master planning schedule tosupport the business requirements of the corporation.
5. Mastery of Statistical Process Control to establish andmaintain critical to quality manufacturing requirements.
6. Lead, teach and hold accountable a team of eagermanufacturing personnel to develop and implement robust processes to improve qualityand productivity within the manufacturing area.
7. Develop, implement and track major transformationalprograms.
8. Clear understanding of weld and assembly specificprocesses and the ability to assess current state of operations and recommendprocess and capital improvements.
9. Evaluate existing supplier relationships and recommendactions to increase quality and efficiency while reducing usage and operatingcosts.
10. Accountable for improved performance in multiplefacilities throughout the business segment.
11. Ability to implement and drive lean manufacturing andcontinuous improvement processes.
12. Outstanding interpersonal skills and leadershipqualities including a relentless drive for results, courage, communication andthe ability to listen to problems and resolve the issues discussed.
1) Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
2) PMP Certification or PMO experience
3) Must have working knowledge in MS Project