The Raytheon Material Program Management (MPM) - Manager II is a strong leader with a demonstrated track record of delivering outstanding supply chain performance. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and leading the material program strategies and plans, driving efforts to achieve material sales goals, and executing the material strategy. Demonstrated experience in cost account management, managing budgets, and managing suppliers to aggressive schedules in a matrixed environment is critical. Coordination with Procurement, Subcontract Management, Program Managers, Integrated Product Team Leads and Engineering is an important requirement for the MPM. Experience and knowledge in Procurement, Subcontract Management, Logistics, Program Management and Finance would be advantageous to the role.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to lead efforts, including budgeting and financial management, issue and conflict resolution. The selected leader will be accountable for creating a vision around supply chain requirements and process initiatives, driving systemic improvements for material flow and accountability, and instilling a “can-do” sense of ownership and alignment between the Supply Chain Team and the Program and Functional Organizations.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position may need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Developing material strategies and preparing and executing Material Program Plans (MPPs)
- Working closely with IPTs to ensure BOM, SSOWs & Drawings support demand
- Working closely with Procurement and Subcontract Management to ensure purchase requisitions and POs support demand
- Identifying and mitigating program risks as they pertain to material requirements through integrated root cause/corrective action
- Manage material financials and mitigate risks to sales, cash flow and EACs Participate in projects
- (both Supply Chain and program) to drive material efficiencies and increase material affordability for the program
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Management, or similar is required
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive professional experience with a combination of experience in Supply Chain Management, Project, Program, Product, Finance and/or a business related field is required
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and Power point)
- U.S. Citizenship
Security Clearance: This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Management or similar
- Active Secret DoD Clearance
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), leadership abilities, and the ability to work in an IPT environment.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of achieving organizational and program objectives, and able to interface with all levels of internal management and Supplier’s management.
- Must be able to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to assign the appropriate priorities to the many tasks that they will be required to perform
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.