Kennedy Space Center
SAIC is looking for a Project Manager with the following duties, skills, experience and background. Individual filling this position will provide institutional, program and project management support services to Government personnel. The support services require knowledge and experience of having independently managed facility projects from inception to closeout. Individual shall have experience in all phases of project performance, including development of SOWs, cost estimating, planning, negotiating, awarding, executing, managing, closing, and turning over facility projects. Such experience shall include having accomplished these activities independently, including initiating and overseeing support/ancillary functions with third party participants (e.g., other KSC base contractors), with environmental subject matter experts, and with safety experts to ensure successfully executed projects. Individual in this position shall have front-end technical knowledge and experience to accurately interpret and define customer requirements. Individual shall have sufficient knowledge of Government acquisition and project management processes so that the products produced and services provided are suitable for use by the Contracting Officer’s Representative in support of Requests For Proposals (RFPs), technical evaluations of proposals for fixed price projects, and evaluation of, and recommendations for corrective actions related to project and contractor performance. Individual will monitor performance of contractors awarded projects and to coordinate with customers, construction inspectors and subject matter experts to ensure projects are documented, performed and turned over to the base contractor in an operational status.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or Project Management with no equivalent time in service for a degree; and 6 years of relevant experience as PM..
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Direct experience supporting Federal, NASA, or KSC facility projects.
• Familiarity and understanding KSC policies & procedures.
• Can skillfully, openly, and proactively communicate and coordinate with Stakeholders.
• Perform independent analyses and make recommendations to assure conformance to facility project contracts established by NASA Procurement and KSC Programs/CustomersStrong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills