Kennedy Space Center
SAIC is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with the following duties, skills, experience and background. Individual filling this position shall provide Electrical Design Arc Flash Engineer (EDAE) support services to the Government personnel within the Facilities Systems Branch. The individual shall provide facility design packages, design consultation, and design products. The EDAE is required to perform and support power systems studies, power system designs, power system maintenance planning, and project execution. The EDAE is required to have extensive experience in performing power systems analysis utilizing ETAP software program for both medium and low voltage systems. The EDAE is required to have extensive experience with medium voltage relay protection schemes utilizing Schweitzer (or equivalent manufacturer) relays. The EDAE is required to have expert knowledge of all aspects of power distribution systems substations, circuit breakers, panelboards, relays, fuses, wiring methods, etc. The EDAE is required have experience and be conversant in all aspects of the National Electric Code, National Electric Safety Code and ANSI electrical standards.
• Inspect electrical power distribution equipment to verify system configuration and then data entry into the ETAP program. Performs studies to include all modules of the ETAP program including Arc Flash, Short Circuit, Load Flow, Star/Device Coordination, Auto Evaluation, Cable Sizing and Panel Studies.
• Review, analyze, comment, up-date studies performed by other contractors.
• Create a database of all studies performed by contractors to date at Kennedy Space Center in a concise and logical manor
• Provide a plan to continue power analysis studies at the Kennedy Space Center and prioritize work based on criticality of facility function The EDAE is required to ensure assigned projects are documented, performed and turned over to the base contractor in concise report that identify tasks that can readily be performed by maintenance technicians without further consultation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree (mandatory in electrical engineering) and 10 years relevant experience, with at least five years in the area of expertise.
• Professional Engineering License preferred.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Direct experience supporting Federal, NASA, or KSC facility projects.
• Familiarity and understanding KSC policies & procedures.
• Can skillfully, openly, and proactively communicate and coordinate with Stakeholders.
• Independently make/finalize decisions that conform to facility project contracts, established by NASA Procurement and KSC Programs/Customers. Computer Aided Design product experience and expertise, with AutoCad or MicrostationAbility to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills