full-time employee contract
· Under minimal supervision provides front-line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications and hardware.
· Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems.
� Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
· Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies.
· Works with engineers to resolve tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues. Trains end-users on software packages and standard IT procedures as required; participates in new application rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
· Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware. Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers.
· Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of end-user devices (EUDs), software, hardware, and
firmware utilizing experience and understanding of MHS environment and MHS clinical systems.
· Either have or able to obtain CompTia Security+ certification within 6 months of start date
· Experience working in military healthcare environment
· Good organizational skills
· Effective communication skills (oral & written)
· General understanding of how computers connect to networks / servers
· Knowledge of basic computer concepts, and the Internet
· Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook—able perform basic tasks with these applications such as word processing, sending email, etc.
· Working knowledge of basic hardware such as printers and scanners, media storage