The Lead Software Quality Engineer is responsible for leading a team of Software Quality Engineers, including employee performance development, staffing, BOE Development, as well as supporting programs ensuring that the Software Engineering work products delivered to our customers meet their specified technical requirements and are developed using approved development processes and procedures. The Software Quality Engineer must be able to work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Program Quality and various Engineering disciplines.
The Software Quality Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective Software Quality program designed to minimize development risk and ensure technically correct work products. Responsible tasks include, but not limited to, analysis of software requirements, peer review of software and systems engineering artifacts (source code, design artifacts, test plans and procedures), performing independent assessments of software development process compliance, executing defect trend analysis and RCCA activities, and participating in final software acceptance testing and approval.
- Minimum 10+ years of related experience in Software Quality Engineering or Software Engineering
- Programming experience i.e. UNIX, Java, C, C++, or C#
- Experience with proposal support and BOE development
- Experience supervising a small team
- Knowledgeable of Software Processes; the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI), the software lifecycle; requirements, design, implementation, and software testing
- Experience with the development and analysis of System/Software requirements
- Experience in supporting Agile/Scrum software development
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to effectively express ideas in written and verbal form
- Demonstrated problem solving, and organizational, planning, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in holding a lead role on a project in a quality or engineering discipline
- Experience in supporting a product based matrixed organization with multiple programs, in various stages of development and production
- Experience in coordinating efforts across multiple programs, managing conflicting schedules and priorities
- Experience with providing shared resource support for efforts with multiple, varying levels of funding
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction
- Ability to obtain an SSBI/DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education < Required education is non-tailorable >
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience in supporting multiple SW development teams in a compartmentalized security environment
- Knowledge in configuration management and control tools i.e. Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, PDM, Defect Logger, iTracker
- Experience in AS9100 and ISO 9001 requirements
- Experience with Static Analysis tools and techniques
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology, or Quality
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.