Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Optics Technician - Kuwait
Job Number: 1076851
The Prepositioning and Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are seeking an Optics Technician
for our Kuwait location.
The electro-optical ordnance repairman performs electro-optical maintenance and repair to ground ordnance laser and night vision devices, and other fire control equipment. Duties also include performing mechanical, mechanical-optical and electrical repairs to include inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and adjusting fire control instruments and systems. Must be capable of determining the required tools, Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) and support equipment necessary to perform inspection and repair to the equipment assigned. Perform Limited Technical Inspections. Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS). Perform scheduled Care of Supplies in Storage (COSIS). Perform organizational maintenance, as required. Perform intermediate maintenance, as required. Complete maintenance/administrative forms and records. Comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position. Perform other duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or equivalent.
* Four (4) years directly related experience.
* Completed the Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer Course, U.S. Army Ordnance Center and School, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. * Must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided.
* US Citizen. Proof required.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. * Must pass the Command Arms Ammunition and Explosive (AA&E) screening.
* Valid state Motor Vehicle Operator License.
* Ability to operate personal computers, multimedia data entry, and scanning and retrieval systems functions. * Experience and knowledge of requisitioning requirements utilizing appropriate Stock List, Parts Manuals, and Technical Manuals.
* Previous experience with Global Combat Support System - Marine Corps (GCSS-MC).
* Completed an advanced Electro-Optical Repair Course or civilian equivalent.
* Understanding of the organization's logistic functions and the activities involved in providing logistical support.
* Experience with warranty repair or warranty administration.
* MUST be able to obtain a finding of "NO RECORD FOUND" on the FBI Background Investigation.
* Must be willing and able to travel (military airlift) and work in other countries in the region of the Middle East.
* In addition to meeting KBRwyle's employment requirements, the United States Marine Corps has minimal standards of fitness for deployment. Your continued employment is contingent upon your being approved for deployment by the United States Marine Corps, in accordance with their policies and regulations.
* Most work will be performed in extreme temperatures, employees must be willing and able to work under these conditions as determined by a required physical examination.
For more information, please visit