Host Based Security System (HBSS) SME
Candidate must be able to provide day to day support for matters dealing with HBSS to include deployment, implementation and sustainment. A working knowledge of how system components are installed, integrated and optimized is also a plus. Knowledge of IT security principles and methods, such as firewalls, demilitarized zones, and encryption is a plus.
- Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable remediation.
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to network security.
- Perform computer network defense incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact.
- Apply security policies to applications that interface with one another.
- Apply service oriented security architecture principles to meet organization’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements.
- Discover organizational trends with regard to the security posture of systems.
- Validate HBSS system alerts against network traffic using packet analysis tools.
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for the inclusion into the risk mitigation strategy.
- Monitor/Analyze Rogue System Detection and respond/report IAW approved Navy TTPs/SOPs
- Timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool (Remedy).