General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The successful candidate will work individually and in collaborative team-focused environment assisting with design and development of websites supporting the government. He or she will provide web development and technical support to the customer through the maintenance of multiple websites and back-end systems. Additionally, the candidate will design and build web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
1. Designs, builds, deploys, and maintains web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
2. Manages and maintains existing websites while developing new website enhancements.
3. Designs and develops user-interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements.
4. Designs the website to support the organization/customer's strategies and goals relative to external communications.
5. Contributes to the web design group's efforts to specify, improve, and implement the look, feel, and function of online projects.
6. Applies industry best practices and web design standards.
7. Provides technical support to end users of the websites.
8. Serves as the website content administrator.
9. Creates documentation of activities, processes, and procedures.
10. Creates the design and layout of a variety of marketing communications both print and digital including presentations and newsletters.
11. Interfaces directly with customers, users, graphic artists, and web software developers.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. May serve as technical team or task leader.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related web design experience.
Experience with Responsive Web Frameworks such as Bootstrap.
Knowledge and experience with IC Accessibility (508 compliance) testing, tools, and standards.
Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and methods to work around them.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photohsop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) for image modification, vector graphics, newsletters, and logo design.
Ability to translate creative concepts into dynamic visual content while adhering to style guidelines.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and PowerPoint).
Experience working in a Windows environment.
Experience with SQL and Python preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.