Vinnell Arabia (www.vinnellarabia.com)
full-time employee contract
In accordance with the guidance provided by the Section Chief and Production Coordinator, integrates available technical data from U.S. Government (USG) and other publications, on-vehicle research, subject matter expertise, and professional judgments, to develop and produce English technical Ministry National Guard (MNG) publications for distribution and Arabic translation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Using available technical data from the USG and other appropriate publications, on-vehicle research, subject matter expertise, and professional judgment, develops production ready English SANG technical publications. 90-day development goal is 15 cumulative final English pages per workday. Production standard at 180-days is 17 cumulative final English pages per workday (3,910 final English pages per annum).
2. Integrates staffing comments from Vinnell Arabia Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Office of the Program Manager (OPM) SME at all stages of the publicationsâ?? development process.
3. Accomplishes coordination with other Vinnell Arabia and OPM agencies as required to resolve technical publications issues and verify on-vehicle data.
4. Performs as technical document developer, editor, and initial quality control (QC) of publications developed.
5. Performs as a publications production team chief when designated by Production Coordinator.
6. Performs other functions as assigned by the Production Coordinator.
7. Within the performance objectives of the Performance Plan and guidance provided by the Production Coordinator, performs the technical document development and production mission using Publication standards document volume 2.
Education Level: High School Degree; BA or Associate Degree, preferred. An equivalent combination of college level courses, military training civilian job site experience may be substituted.
B. Experience: Seven years U.S. Military experience in maintenance; former MOS 91Z/91X/919A/915D Maintenance experience preferred. Three yearsâ?? experience in developing U.S. military training products preferred, Two years on current job site or civilian equivalent. Basic Local Area Network (LAN) procedures, desktop publishing, editing, and quality control experience is desirable. Previous experience in using computer software to format and combine text, data, photographs, charts, and other graphics art or illustrations into prototypes of pages and other documents that are to be printed is preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability, requirements: Must have a detailed knowledge of Technical Writing, New Equipment Testing/Validation Procedures. Professional training experience in a computer assisted translation (CAT) environment is desired. Proficient in MS Office Professional software and Portable Document Format (PDF) required.
Please go to our website, search by title or requisition code, and click to apply on line. You will begin the application process then asked to upload a copy of your Resume, DD214 (copy 4), an ORB, ERB or Master Brief Sheet, driver license and any other certificates that apply to the position.