full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Senior Java Developer, in the Chantilly, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
The successful candidate will be dedicated full-time to development and enhancement support for an existing application. The candidate will take architectural direction from our immediate Sponsor organization and requirements taskings from the end-user organization.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities
• Designing, programming/developing, and modifying software systems, applications, and tools, both existing and potentially new in the future
• Analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
• Correcting errors by making the appropriate changes and then re-checking the program to ensure the desired result was produced
• Conducting testing of program and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired results and that instructions are correct
• Organizing and maintaining documentation of application development and subsequent revisions, so others are able to understand the program
• Collaborating with teammates, other service providers, vendors, and users to develop new programming methods
Required Experience, Skills, & Technologies
• Strong Java programming/development skills and experience
• Experience with Spring and ORM libraries such as Hibernate/JPA
• Experience working and interacting with different types of data stores (e.g. Oracle, Elasticsearch)
• Experience with RESTful services
• Experience with Ext JS (v3 and v4), Groovy (v2), Grails (v2), and Bootstrap (v3+)
• Understanding of SQL and Elasticsearch
• Strong ability to manage competing priorities and communication to multiple stakeholders
Desired Experience, Skills & Technologies
• Angular (v2+) or Ext JS (v6+)
Security Clearance Requirement:
Active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required.