Electronics Test/Assembly Inspector
Job ID: 465242BR
Date posted: Jan. 03, 2019
Description:Lockheed Martin Space is seeking candidates who are energized and passionate about helping us build the space technologies of tomorrow for multiple job openings for Electronics Test/Assembly Inspectors. We are going to Mars and beyond! Join us in the journey!
The ideal candidate will be able to support production activities at the Littleton, CO manufacturing facility and have experience in solder, epoxy bonding, and wire harness fabrication or inspection. Familiarity with Electronic Circuit Card Assemblies is advantageous. Exceptional attention to detail is a must for this position – you will be our final line of defense in ensuring a successful mission.
Successful candidates will be able to perform inspections using certified skills on both ground and flight electronic assemblies. These assemblies include cables, harness, circuit card assemblies, modules, and final box assemblies. Inspectors will record inspection results using electronic documentation for nonconforming hardware. A continuous improvement mindset, focus on world class quality, and the ability to work effectively with a team are key qualities for this role.
1) Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail. A QC Inspector is our last line of defense for a successful mission.
2) Must display maturity of action and judgment with a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness from their previous assignments.
3) Must be able to read and comprehend detailed work instructions and interpret drawings, schematics, sketches, specifications and standards.
4) Must be able to perform basic arithmetic functions for weight measurements, torque conversions, and dimensional measurements.
5) Technical aptitude or experience in fabrication or quality assurance of electronic CCA/PWB solder, Box/Module, Cable Harness, Battery, Microelectronics (RF/hybrids) or Acceptance Testing.
6) Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, and the use of computer resources to access specifications, engineering, and communicate effectively with others with minimal assistance.
7) Willing and able to work weekends and holidays depending on union contractual requirements.
8) Employment is contingent upon successful completion and maintenance of all required certifications.
1.) Solder, bonding, and coating inspection certifications. Quality assurance, instrument/equipment technician QA, product inspection, mechanical inspection capability.
2.) Previous industry related certifications to include: NASA Hand Solder, J-STD, Hardware Torqueing, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics, Connector Mate & De-mate, NASA Cable Harness.
3.) Working knowledge of surface mount and through-hole solder requirements.
4.) Experience with new product introductions, lean manufacturing, cost and quality optimization on the production floor is highly desired.
5.) SAP working knowledge.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day