U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience capturing contracts and leading teams developing cutting edge solutions to join their Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island.
Raytheon BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers benefits including a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, and performance based bonuses.
The successful candidate will have experience both capturing pursuits and bringing the programs vision to reality including technical leadership and execution. As a principal investigator you’ll be expected to develop concepts with government R&D customers and acquire contract funding to support bringing them to reality. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in system design; software development; underwater acoustic propagation and scattering, and statistical signal processing.
Qualifications & Skills:
* Active US Government Secret security clearance.
* At least 10 years of relevant DoD industry experience in area of expertise.
* History of winning contract work from Gov’t R&D organizations; and a strategy to be successful
* Demonstrated experience leading capture and proposal activities.
* Demonstrated experience creating and growing new business lines in the R&D community.
* Demonstrated technical leadership on programs from system concept design through first prototype.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.?
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.