Seeking several engineers to help make our world a safer place!
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
• One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
• Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
• A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT ProfessionalsCheck out our Raytheon overview on YouTube:
We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent track record of successfully developing robust embedded, real-time software executing within challenging hardware and software environments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Performing requirements development, design, implementation, integration, and verification of object-oriented, realtime embedded software in C/C++.
· Assisting with system integration of the software, using investigation and debugging skills to assess issues and develop solutions.
· Communicating effectively with team members across disciplines, especially with system engineering and program management
· 4 years experience developing object-oriented software utilizing C/C++.
· Excellent ability to modify, integrate, and troubleshoot software in a complex processing environment
· Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance with update within past 5 years and the ability to be accessed to Special Access Programs
Desired Skills and Experience:
**Current TS clearance strongly preferred**
· Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle
· Competency with Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs
· Experience with Green Hills INTEGRITY or VxWorks or other real time operating systems
· Competency with Subversion
· Experience with Agile development methods (Scrum)
· Matlab expertise
· Linux expertise
•Ability to work proactively to complete tasks with minimal oversight and direction
•Ability to communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
· BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.