SAS / ACT is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Systems Engineer to provide overall engineering leadership for the ATTS (MDA Airborne Target and Tracking System) and related programs, guiding maintenance and upgrades to the SW and HW for the ABP (airborne processor), providing input to an airborne test plan, and testing of the optical turret, GCS (ground control system), interfaces to sensors, aircraft, communications system and encryption.
Position reports to San Diego (SAS/ACT/ENG) and will also take a lead role in follow-on proposals for this and related programs.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead system and architecture design and development, working across various disciplines and engineering groups, and in close coordination with PM.
- The LSE will work closely with the Program Manager / Chief Engineer and will be required to perform their duties as a back-up when necessary.
- Primary technical interface with Prime and other stakeholders to plan for and execute System Integration Lab (SIL), ground, and flight testing of payloads/packages on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Work closely with the prime contractor and deploy to provide on-site support for flight tests in Southern California, Hawaii and other ranges as needed.
- Provide monthly technical summary reports to the Prime and test reports following each event.
- Provide MQ-9 UAV payload and ground system integration and flight test expertise to the ATTS team.
- Develop integration strategies and approaches, support proposals for follow-on efforts.
- Minimum 6 years related experience
- Experience in Defense Industry
- Experience in airborne system test planning, preferably on DoD Test Ranges.
- Experience using MATLAB, Satellite Toolkit, or SimDis.
- Experience with EO/IR data calibration and analysis.
- Experience programming in C++.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with development of remote site/node monitoring and control.
- Experience with UAS flight testing
- Experience in leading software/system development and integration including defining test plans, and leading integration & test events, and flight test evolutions.
- Experience in leading certification and accreditation efforts for industry and government systems
- Experience in field-deployed UAV operations, preferably with MQ-9 or MQ-1, and multi-sensor airborne manned or UAV integration.
- Hands-on expertise with
- Missile Defense Agency Test Events, Mission-Planning, flight testing
- Test Plan development on DoD Test Ranges (Edwards, White Sands, PMRF, etc.)
- Airborne Hardware and Software and their DoD requirements
- Experience with radar, navigation, tracking algorithms and performance assessment, pointing, radiometric calibration, or atmospheric correction.
- Experience with ground processing, Processing / Exploitation / Dissemination approaches, best practices and tools.
- Experience in Astronomy, Physics or Remote-Sensing.
- Previous experience as a Program / Lead Engineer
- EVMS certified
- Expertise (Key words): Hardware/Software Integration, Electro-Optical (EO) systems, aircraft, travel for flight test support, Matlab (Simulink), airborne-pod, optics, pointing, tracking, navigation, Link-16, C++.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in System or Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field. Advanced Degrees preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.