General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours 9-2. Provide calendar support to main program office managers (approx. 2) and assist with other meetings as needed. Answer multiple office telephones as assigned. Participate in meetings. Follow-up with meeting minutes and presentation to applicable management. Provide daily mail distribution (incoming/outgoing). With direction review and edit incoming correspondence. Work independently to assist with applicant file retrieval and coordinate with others to ensure files are moved through workflow. Responsible for new arrivals/departing personnel (access request). Create SOP for on/off boarding. Maintain personnel lists and duty rosters. Order supplies. Monitor status of equipment and oversee repair of equipment. Perform back-up support to group administrative staff. Vault custodian. Escort visitors. Provide back-up support in mail room as needed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Associates Degree preferred.