General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hours: 8am-430pm (occasional early morning hours for class set-up)
Contractor will be part of a team of Training Administrator responsible for performing as a Registrar for sponsor courses
• Assist with registrations, providing credit for training, and fielding questions
• Provide detail instructions via written, phone or in-person communications
• Responsible for daily customer support to learners and course directors
• Responsible for the physical set-up and breakdown of classrooms; drafting, disseminating and tracking pre-course requirements; coordinating with course director, ensuring all materials are available
• Coordinate schedules with subject matter experts as guest speakers; maintaining a photograph waiver.
• Actively participate in weekly and bi-weekly department meeting
• Perform quality check on his/her work to produce high quality correspondence, spreadsheets and data reports.
• Anticipate, identify, and analyze errors and take necessary steps to mitigate future errors
• Responsible for teaching, training, and guiding team members to foster a common understanding
• Create SOPs to share best practices
• Maintain spreadsheets and training databases for accuracy, data analysis collection, record keeping, and references
• Responsible for creating rosters, spreadsheets and compiling data to assist in course planning and delivery
• Compile reporting statics and present final analysis for managements use in decision making
• Implement and assist with program data calls
• Responsible for recommending innovative ideas for updating processes
• Assist in scheduling office classrooms and conference spaces
• Compile and package training material. Coordinate shipments with Logistics
• Maintain inventory of accountable property, to include property on loan. Keep a record of course material specific to their area of responsibility
• Order supplies as requested and will assist with repair of office or classroom equipment
• Provide back-up coverage for team members
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have superior organizational and interpersonal skills. Able to work part as a team
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with all levels of the employee workforce
Position requires an individual who is energetic, innovative, self-directed, pro-active, motivated and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Excellent judgement and sound decision making
Ability to maintain consistent full-time work schedule with pre-coordination of any changes
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred