Raytheon is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Software Test Engineer in support of the Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Area, for an effort supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). The SW Test Engineer analyzes system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation and works with other test organizations to support testing, integration and deployment. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues. Support a test program which includes establishing test methods and techniques, developing test plans, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests, including equivalent documentation for agile projects. Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques. This includes development, management and execution of automated test scripts in a DevSecOps environment. Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for manual and automated testing.
The position’s responsibilities include:
* Assist in the development test plans
* Verify and validate the results of unit tests conducted by other development teams.
* Write scripts and code to automate and record the results of tests of integration and interoperability between services.
* Work in concert with government accreditation specialists, to ensure that security related features are tested early in the development process
* Experience with test management and defect tracking tools
* Strong experience performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an Agile-focused DevOps/DevSecOps environment using automated test methods and tools
* Experience writing scripts and code to automate tests (Java, Bash, Perl, Python, etc)
* Existing TS/SCI clearance required with a SSBI date of less than 5 years
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA software accreditation procedures
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA security procedures
* Experience with traditional, Agile, and DevOps development practices and associated testing strategies, including test-driven development
* Experience or familiarity with DevOps/DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as JMeter, Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub/GitLab, Chef, Ansible, etc.
* Experience with Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems and virtual environments (VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
* Experience with AWS, C2S and data center operations
* Knowledge of GEOINT mission, imagery analysis or science and technology research principals
* Demonstrated experience as a control account manager (CAM)
* Agile development process experience a strong plus
Bachelor’s degree plus eight years of experience or Masters plus six years of experience in software development.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.