Raytheon is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Release Train Engineer (RTE) in support of the Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Area, for an effort supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) supports national security objectives by providing comprehensive technical, analytical and operational support to the intelligence community.
Key Capabilities include
* Develop, integrate and deploy large-scale, high-performance SIGINT, GEOINT and Multi-INT systems
* Provide large-scale information processing, information integration and visualization systems for intelligence, satellite and space-based programs for commercial and intelligence customers
* Support, and maintain intelligence systems for customers worldwide
* Develop, modernize and manage critical infrastructure and applications for the intelligence customers
* Thought leadership in constellation management, common ground and integrated enterprise management solutions
The RTE will be responsible for understanding and applying Agile best practices for software deployments which may include release planning, issue tracking, scheduling, testing, documentation and delivery coordination.
Successful candidates will work closely and communicate with a variety of Development Teams and must have in-depth and hands-on experience with Agile Release Train engineering practices within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
Candidates should have proven experience in the following areas:
* Assisting government Product Owners in maintaining a complex product backlog and schedule, each with its own corresponding release trains
* Functioning as a proxy for the government Product Owner and be able to understand acceptance criteria for a backlog item and determine when a backlog item is complete
* Working closely with Product Teams to support Enterprise Planning and Release Events specifically meeting the prioritized needs and requirements defined within the organization, including coordination across all stakeholders
* Overseeing quality control/quality assurance for the deliverables made by various developer teams
* Managing daily scrum team meetings and team assignments / priorities
* Researching and evaluating process improvement opportunities, working with development teams to define process standards and metrics and assist with implementation and maintenance
* Developing product reports and roadmaps for all levels of leadership when necessary
* Promoting consistent design principles, approaches to system design, security, testing, and documentation, across multiple development teams.
* Leading operations and sustainment of large complex system(s) and service(s)
* Coordinating and performing software problem analysis, requirement analysis, design, modification, testing and adaption of application software
* Directing and managing resources responsible for the resolution of discrepancies and other maintenance activities
* 4-5+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role with a strong desire to be Scrum Master certified
* Experience with SAFe and as a Release Train Engineer
* Experience with software delivery, preferably of complex IT systems
* Strong knowledge of IT operations using Agile and DevOps practices
* Existing TS/SCI clearance required with a SSBI date of less than 5 years
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA software accreditation procedures
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA security procedures
* Experience with traditional, Agile, and DevOps development practices and associated testing strategies, including test-driven development
* Experience or familiarity with DevOps/DevSecOps, Continuous Development / Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as JMeter, Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub/GitLab, Chef, Ansible, etc.
* Experience with Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems and virtual environments (VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
* Experience with AWS, C2S, and data center operations
* Knowledge of GEOINT mission, imagery analysis or science and technology research principals
* Demonstrated experience as a control account manager (CAM)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work individually
* Strong results orientation with the ability to consistently meet and exceed goals
* Capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time and on budget
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with collecting and interpreting quantitative data
* Experienced with project management tools and methods
* Bachelor’s degree plus ten years of experience or Masters plus five years of experience in information technology, with a preference in deploying IT systems for the government.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.