SAIC is currently looking for two (2) Senior Java or C++ Software Developers to work on the AMRDEC MCE project located in Huntsville Alabama (Redstone Arsenal).
The MCE system is a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes. It is being built from the ground up using the latest Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) technology hosted on a customized, hardened Linux/Android Hybrid Operating System.
• Candidates must have complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in SW development. They should also have a general knowledge of other related disciplines.
· Candidates will receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet outlined objectives. They will be expected to provide direction to junior level team members according to established policies and management guidance.
· Candidates should be able to work under only general direction while independently determining and developing approaches to assigned problems.
• Candidates will be expected to work in a medium to large size team, agile environment, to design, implement and test SW components through the entire SW lifecycle.
• Candidates will be expected to break up larger SW modules into smaller, incrementally delivered components on tasks that have been assigned to them.
• Candidates will be expected to provide workbook (Integrated Master Schedule) estimates on the time required to design and implement SW components that have been assigned to them.
• Candidates will be required to create and present design documentation, as well as participate in design reviews for SW modules assigned to their team. Good communication skills are a must.
• Candidates will be expected to coordinate and participate in peer reviews of other teammates SW implementation and design (e.g. code reviews).
• Candidates will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
• Candidates will be expected to test developed SW in a lab environment with actual fielded hardware.
• Candidates will be expected to be able to function at a SW lead level working in coordination with Systems and Test Engineers.
Required Education: BS and 9+ years of related experience.
· Java/Java FX SW Development
· JUnit unit testing framework including Mokito
· Javadoc SW documentation constructs
· Linux OS (RHEL)
· SW lead responsibilities
· C#, C++ Programming
· Android Programming
· Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEs
· Network Analysis Tools (Wireshark, TCPDUMP analysis)
· Scripting languages such as Python
· Working on large defense related projects
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Secret/Interim Secret Clearance