Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Senior Database and Systems Administrator, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide all activities related to the administration of large scale databases and the servers they run on
- Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other staff in the information systems function
- Design, create and maintain databases in a client/server environment
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Advises users on access to various databases and servers
- Designs, implements and maintains complex databases, access methods, access time, devise allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security
- Perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, scripting, automating tasks, and troubleshooting
- Configure the environment based on requested changes
- Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes
- Provide on-call support as required during the year, supporting mission critical systems (on call rotation)
- You will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products
- Hands on Experience transitioning systems with Oracle databases to AWS is required.
The Senior Database and Systems Administrator shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred and eight or more years of experience preferred
- Experience working with and supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS) with operational systems.
- Experience loading database associated COTS products, and configuring and optimizing Oracle databases
- RedHat Linux or CentOS or equivalent systems administration experience
- Experience performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of major IT systems
- Possess leadership experience to assure appropriate changes, upgrades, and enhancements are made based on the analysis
- Troubleshooting skills
- Flexible working hours - able to support occasional nights, weekends, and call-ins
- Ability to work varying shifts
- Able to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Possess knowledge of performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of the assigned systems
- Possess leadership experience to assure appropriate changes, upgrades, and enhancements are made based on the technical analysis
- Knowledge of the COTS products (like RedHat Linux, HP Operations Manager) for the specified system/service
- Certifications in database systems and other COTS products are desired but not required.
- Preferred Experience: CentOS linux (or RedHat Linux); PostgreSQL RDBMS; Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience in Operations; ForgeRock Access Management Suite; Automation Tools (Ansible, Jenkins, RunDeck)