Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Procurement Intern (Co-op)
Job Number: 1076886
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Procurement Intern (Co-op)
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Under general direction, assists in the execution and supervision cradle to grave purchasing activities (including bid, evaluations, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations) for all equipment and material categories.
* Will be trained in KBR procurement systems and work methods to be able to perform entry level functions and provide support with ongoing projects and proposals.
* Works closely with Engineering and the project teams to complete objectives on schedule.
* Will be responsible for updating project Procurement Status Reports for assigned packages
* Assures that problems will reported timely to the projects and senior procurement management
* Participate in
under the guidance of experienced buyers.
* May be involved in other initiatives to help improve work processes and procedures.
* May receive cross-training in other procurement functions such as expediting, logistics, inspection, and material control
* Senior Supply Chain Major from who is interested in working part time (up to four hours per day) during the Spring semester.
* Must be graduating Seniors with a preferred graduation date of May, 2019 or Dec, 2019.
* Must have a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
* Must have strong communication and analytical skills.
* Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.