SAIC’s Air Force and Defense Agencies and National Security Group has a need for a dynamic IT CM Growth professional who can assemble and lead multi-disciplinary teams focused on designing tailored and repeatable technology solutions leveraging enterprise capabilities to grow work in the Air Force/DoD arena. The candidate for this position will have proven expertise in application of complex solutions and execution, designing technology solutions supporting the mission. The candidate will support account growth strategy, have exceptional people skills and have in-depth customer knowledge with the ability to understand the customer mission and technical challenges needing sustainable solutions. Technical expertise in EIT, Cyber, Cloud or specialty engineering is a needed, with expertise in at least one main capability. If you are a highly motivated, outstanding team player with the ability to build teams and positively influence coalitions to successfully execute business goals; able to build customer intimacy, and have proven track record of growing business, join our team.
The candidate will lead multiple SAIC capture and business development activities for the Air Force/DoD Operation and related mission engineering, system engineering, Cyber, Cloud, Data Science, and Enterprise IT. The candidate will have established customer relationships, be known among Industry partners, and have outstanding personnel management and communication skills. The candidate will lead account planning, prioritization, pipeline development, key capture activities and innovative technical solution development, competitive pricing, price-to-win and brief leadership with regular gate reviews and decision points.
• Programmatic background with experience dealing with multiple contract types
• Experience with all aspects of developing and submitting winning proposals
• A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders
• Experience with capture, business development and proposal processes
• In-depth knowledge of government contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
• Ability to shape Section L and Section M criteria to maximize scoring
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment
• Excellent proposal development expertise with color reviews, developing win themes, discriminators, value propositions and embedding this in the finished proposal product
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple capture actions of medium to large opportunities across multiple customers, multiple capabilities and multiple locations of >$50m-$1B+
Required qualifications include US Citizenship and a current, active Secret clearance
• 10+ years of Experience managing a portfolio of programs as a government contractor Senior Program Manager or equivalent
• Proven full life cycle business development and capture experience
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Relevant technical or management background
• In-depth proven knowledge of the Air Force/DoD and customer mission requirements and buying habits
• Formal BD and Capture training from a recognized training/education provider such as Shipley, Miller-Heiman etc.
• Demonstrate impeccable leadership skills, outstanding business ethics, management rigor, in-depth customer knowledge, superior understanding of industry trends and competitive intelligence, expert pricing strategies and the ability to motivate and retain cleared personnel.
• Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technical and business concepts to various audiences
• Ability to handle complex customer situations and interact with all levels of personnel to provide a quick and effective resolution
Desired qualifications include:
• PMP Certification
• 15+ years of management experience as a Capture Manager and Business Developer with successful capture of large programs in technology fields
• BD and capture experience with programs of $50M value and up
• A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field
• Domain technical expertise in a relevant technical field such as end to end IT, Cyber, cloud migration, engineering, science in addition to formal management education and experience
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Overseeing a varied portfolio of programs across the AF/DoD in a matrixed organization to include program execution oversight,
• Performing against financial goals and reporting requirements of a publicly traded, audited defense contractor
• Team-building and influencing outcomes by the ability to motivating performance and establishing coalitions across a matrixed organized where many team members report to other line managers
• Responsibility for program acquisition and full life cycle business development
• Account ownership and oversight including participation and development of strategy, implementation, monitoring and reporting performance, briefing leadership, and meeting all account goals
• Retain, hire and support training of current and new employees to include program managers and technical experts in all relevant technical areas across a program portfolio
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret clearance.