Raytheon is seeking an experienced professional for the position of RELEASE TRAIN ENGINEER (RTE) located in the Denver, Colorado, Richardson, Texas or Dulles/Sterling, Virginia area to support the Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Area, for an effort supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) supports national security objectives by providing comprehensive technical, analytical and operational support to the intelligence community. Key Capabilities include:
• Develop, integrate and deploy large-scale, high-performance SIGINT, GEOINT and Multi-INT systems
• Provide large-scale information processing, information integration and visualization systems for intelligence, satellite and space-based programs for commercial and intelligence customers
• Support, and maintain intelligence systems for customers worldwide
• Develop, modernize and manage critical infrastructure and applications for the intelligence customers
• Thought leadership in constellation management, common ground and integrated enterprise management solutions
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understand and apply Agile best practices for software deployments which may include release planning, issue tracking, scheduling, testing, documentation and delivery coordination.
* Work closely and communicate with a variety of IT Teams and must have in-depth and hands-on experience with the Agile Release Train engineering practices within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
* Assist the government product owners in maintaining a complex product backlog and schedule, each with its own corresponding release trains
* Function as a proxy for the government Product Owner, and be able to understand acceptance criteria for a backlog item, and determine when a backlog item is done
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with product teams to support enterprise planning and releases specifically meeting the needs and requirements defined as priority within the organization
* Oversee quality control/quality assurance for the deliverables made by various developer teams
* Manage daily scrum team meetings and team assignments / priorities
* Facilitate release planning events, including coordination across all stakeholders
* Research and evaluate process improvement opportunities, work with IT teams to develop process standards and metrics and assist with implementation and maintenance
* Develop product reports and roadmaps for all levels of leadership when necessary
* Promote consistent design principles, approaches to system design, security, testing, and documentation, across multiple development teams.
* 4-5+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role with a strong desire to be Scrum Master certified
* Experience with SAFe and as a Release Train Engineer
* Experience with software delivery, preferably of complex IT systems
* Strong knowledge of IT operations using Agile and DevOps practices
* Existing TS/SCI required with a SSBI date of less than 5 years
* Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of experience or Masters plus 5 years of experience in information technology, with a preference in deploying IT systems for the government
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA software accreditation procedures
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA security procedures
* Experience with traditional, Agile, and DevOps development practices and associated testing strategies, including test-driven development
* Experience or familiarity with DevOps/DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as JMeter, Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub/GitLab, Chef, Ansible, etc.
* Experience with Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems and virtual environments (VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
* Experience with AWS, C2S and data center operations
* Knowledge of GEOINT mission, imagery analysis or science and technology research principals
* Demonstrated experience as a control account manager (CAM)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work individually
* Strong results orientation with the ability to consistently meet and exceed goals
* Capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time and on budget
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with collecting and interpreting quantitative data
* Experienced with project management tools and methods
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.