General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
9. Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
3. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
1. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Clearance.
2. In support of the requirement, the employee must have and maintain the CompTIA Security+ CE Certification. The CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. Also acceptable are alternative certifications.
3. Additional specific certifications may be required.
4. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2. 5 - 8 years of experience supporting help desk operations