Exciting opportunity to lead a cutting edge artificial intelligence (AI) research team. If you have mastery level AI expertise and broad interdisciplinary knowledge combined with ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial streak, we’d like to talk with you. If you are recognized in the AI community and can attract, hire and develop top notch talent while juggling business development, program execution and management activities, this position is an opportunity to shine as the leader of an exceptional team building the “next wave” of AI technologies at BBN.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of the nation's premier research and development laboratories and earned the 2011 National Medal of Technology and Innovation "for sustained innovation through the engineering of first-of-a-kind, practical systems".
Goals and Responsibilities
• Build and advance the AI research capability for BBN having measurable impact on business growth.
• Articulate and execute the AI vision, strategy and tactical direction for BBN. Influence the same for Raytheon.
• Trail blaze new areas and exploit new opportunities to serve our current customers as well as new customers through AI.
• Lead cross-functional teams performing both business development and program execution activities.
• Hire and develop a top notch AI research and development team expected to reach 40 or more employees over time.
• Commit to financial goals, develop budgets, manage costs and report progress to senior management.
• Work with and influence AI industry experts, customer decision makers as well as internal BBN and Raytheon senior leaders.
• Other responsibilities as required to insure team success.
• Must be eligible for a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Requires an advanced technical degree, Ph.D. preferred, plus a minimum of 8 years of experience leading R&D teams.
• Formal leadership and business management training desired.
• Must have technical depth, practical experience and extensive contacts in the AI field.
• Demonstrated success influencing others, advancing new concepts, writing winning proposals and executing on CRAD projects.
• Distinguished reputation within the AI community and BBN’s customer set, including DARPA and IARPA.
• Strong record of publications and invention disclosures/patents. Frequent presenter at industry conferences/symposia.
• Excellent mentor, coach and educator as required to develop staff AI capabilities.
• Able to serve as the AI spokesperson for BBN.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.