If change is not a scary word to you and you thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve then Raytheon is the company for you. Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Senior System Architects to join our M2C System Engineering Team in Aurora, Colorado.
Raytheon is a company that Stands Out among their competitors. At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it: .
As a Senior Systems Architect, you will contributes to a team of engineers in accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain SAP clearanceThere is the potential for external candidates to receive a sign-on bonuses of up to $20,000 for hires with an active Top Secret clearance if hired on this requisition.Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Provides technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, and test personnel.
- Performs system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification.
- Supports definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations.
- Attends technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. Provides status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks. Provides document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues.
- Supports ECP efforts as required.
• US Citizen with at least a current/existing SCI security clearance
• 6+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
• Strong understanding of system architecture principle to include DoDAF or equivalent
• Experience conducting system architecture in large domains that interact with multiple external entities
• Ability to decompose and communicate system architecture and governance concepts
• Ability to create a vision and lead a team to implement common principles across the enterprise
• Ability to determine solutions compliant with system performance, availability and reliability constraints
• Experience leading IPTs, projects, and/or programs consisting of Ground-related SE, SW development, and IV&V functions
• Experience in SE process development and deployment
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to work with a mixed customer set that includes government and industry
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills
• Systems Architect on a government contract
• Experience with ground equipment command and control
• Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, use case development, technical risk management, ICD development
• Experience in Operations including: procedure development, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Experience with participating in Engineering Gate reviews
• Experience in cost estimation
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalentEducation Requirements:
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.