Raytheon IIS is seeking a Team player to perform a variety of tasks in a customer focused environment. Individual will be accountable to commitments with in Raytheon Company and/or Sea Sparrow Program, should be able to identify process improvement opportunities, and expected to escalate issues to leadership for resolution (as required). Tasks range from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from manuals, diagrams, and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions. Individual is also expected to work on Professional and Personal Development.
These positions will support the Sea Sparrow overhaul program at Naval Weapons Station, Yorktown, Virginia.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience ideally specifically related to performing mechanical assembly and limited testing
of sub-assemblies and system cabinets.
• Must be a US Citizen with current/active Secret Security clearance or ability to obtain in a reasonable amount of time
• Must be able to perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, panels, drawers, frames, and cabinets.
• Ability to work from diagrams and drawings
• Proven ability to use hand and/or power tools, apply sealants, install rivets
• Able and willing to work in industrial environment
• Able and willing to work onboard Naval Ship’s (if required)
• Able and willing to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
• Good eyesight (corrected or uncorrected) and ability to distinguish color
• Willingness to spend one year training
• Prior experience working on military equipment, ideally Sea Sparrow launch and control systems
Required Education (including Major):
• High School or Equivalent
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 131149
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.