General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks. The successful candidate will support maintaining, testing, and 24/7 operations of global IT/Telecommunications systems and networks. The team is operationally focused to meet both quick reaction and strategic customer objectives.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years or more maintaining, testing, and managing operations of WAN and VPNs.
3. Experience with configuring, testing, adn managing Cisco networking equipment.
4. Experience with configuring network components to interface with other network operations centers.
5. Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems and ability to maintain and configure network interfaces to routers and switches.
6. Demonstrated experience with IT system monitoring and management tools such as SolarWinds and InterMapper.
7. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and IP address management.
8. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSEC tunneling.
9. Strong network debugging and troubleshooting skills.
10. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
11. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
12. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
13. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
14. May perform network administration duties.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
16. May serve as technical team or task leader.
17. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
18. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Domestic and International travel is possible up to two trips per year for one to two weeks in duration.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent preferred.
Linux kernel OpenVPN and IPSEC tunneling and networking with packet filtering preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.