"This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons"
The Space Systems Business Area Chief Engineer (BACE) provides technical leadership and ensures engineering / technical execution on programs within and to the Space Systems Business Area. This position reports into the Vice President, Engineering, SAS and is assigned to the Space Systems Business Area Vice President for day-to-day activities. The Space Systems BACE is accountable for engineering resourcing, ensuring engineering work product performance and technical integrity, leading and approving any engineering tailoring, managing Space Systems Program Area Chief Engineers (PACE's) and Program Chief Engineers (PCE's), providing engineering inputs for execution plans, IBR’s, and EAC’s, providing and standing behind engineering estimates of cost, schedule, and resource requirements for new activities, chairing the Space Systems Engineering Review Board and ensuring that all engineering processes are followed in Space Systems.
The BACE shall provide Engineering input to all decisions impacting product integrity, engineering execution on programs and mission assurance. Will charter and oversee Space Systems engineering independent reviews, and review and approve all Engineering inputs to all Space Systems program gates and reviews. Shall take the lead in working with Engineering Centers to identify and provide engineering resources needed to get required engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools) to all Space Systems Business Area Programs. The BACE shall ensure that Space Systems Programs’ engineering organization provides technical leadership throughout the entire product life cycle, and in particular, proactively supports the production and supply chain organizations.
• Minimum of 16 years of related experience.
• Must have industry experience in the space business and be familiar with the development of payloads, instrumentation, and satellite systems.
• Experience working with various governmental agencies such as those in the intelligence community, NASA, and/or the Space and Missile Command.
• Must have a broad engineering background that includes technical leadership of engineers and scientists.
• Experience in program management activities including working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
• Must have an active SSBI DoD Clearance
• Must be a US Citizen
• IPT leadership and/or line engineering management experience.
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering, Math, Science or related degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.