What you'll get
A competitive salary between £50,000 – £65,000 – dependent on capability
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus of up to 15% of your salary for stretch performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
We’ve connected millions of people safely, reliably and efficiently to the energy they use since 1990. But the world has grown, becoming more urban, complex and connected than ever before. So we’ve changed too. We know we can’t stand still or be complacent, so we’re planning, innovating and working to remain as vital and relevant as ever before. Join us and you’ll help us build the energy systems of tomorrow. Join us and be at the heart of energy.
About the role
- Responsibility for ensuring that Finance and Shared Services processes operate within a control and compliance framework including, internal policies, external compliance standards and the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 for areas of accountability
- Responsibility for designing and completing the annual testing plan of IT key controls within the National Grid framework
- Responsibility for ensuring testing completed by the wider team is compliant with the appropriate standards, offering challenge where appropriate to the status quo of processes and controls
- Provide assurance to key control contacts within the divisions on the operational effectiveness of controls and that the design is maintained to mitigate risk.
- Act as an interface across the business towers to ensure linkages with end to end business process controls and internal and external compliance frameworks.
- Effectively manage key internal/external stakeholder relationships.
- Support the wider change process within Controls and Compliance, embedding new processes and contemporary practices
- Support the wider Finance and Shared Service business in respect to change and risk issues.
- You are likely to be a trained for accountant or audit specialist with management experience
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. ACCA, CISA, IIA-QiCA, CIMA, ICM, CPIM or CPM) but if the candidate can demonstrate adequate experience and knowledge required this may be acceptable
- Sarbanes-Oxley IT compliance experience (execution, testing and consolidation)
- Experience and/or knowledge of ITGC controls, and SAP application controls as part of wider internal control frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of IT audit and controls including ITGC and application controls
- Experience of implementing and managing ongoing IT compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience of operational management of teams, planning and forecast of resource requirements and communication to wider businesses
- Strong leadership and influencing skills in relation to stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Experience in managing teams- strong people, performance management, coaching and influencing skills
- Experience of supporting change programmes
- Ability to assess risk on new processes and change, offering advice
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage own workload, to time and desired levels of quality
Who are we
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.
The closing date for this vacancy is 31st January 2019. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.