General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, diagnostic devices and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
6. Constructs components or subassemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test methods.
8. Work to be performed in the Vertical Launch System (VLS) department. Perfrom a variety of advanced maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials such as Cell/Uptake Hatches, completing Deluge Valve Overhauls, and completing Cell and Uptake Hatch Removal/Installation/Overhauls. Loading and unloading vehicles and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform repairs on machinery. Transport materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Assist with shipboard installation of VLS equipment. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced laborers.
1-3 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.