full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Web Developer, in the Fairfax, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The MCIS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
What This Position Will Offer You:
• You will have the ability to develop custom programs for web sites, which will attract and appeal to users, and provide desired information. Our client the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), in cooperation with its internal and external partners, was tasked with enhancing public protective actions and mitigating against, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from natural, technological, and terrorist related emergencies. Quick, easy, and consistent access to vital information was needed. The linking of local, state, and federal agency critical infrastructures and business partners was vital to local governments’ ability to provide efficient, fast, and reliable support services in all situations.
• ManTech installed and implemented a customized and well-tested solution using WebEOC, a web-based CIMS product developed by Emergency Solutions, Inc. and now owned by Juvare. Recognizing the need for data sharing and data interoperability, we designed and implemented the Northern Virginia WebEOC installation, which encompasses information from Fairfax County as well as ten neighboring jurisdictions within Northern Virginia. Further, ManTech worked to promote data interoperability from the Northern Virginia installation among the emergency management groups from Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, which comprise the National Capital Region.
• Manage, coordinate and support the NCR WebEOC Program
o Track and assist with project funding
o Track hours and activities to ensure stay within allocation and distribute tasks to provide balanced work activities for the supported jurisdictions and the development team.
o Facilitate quarterly WebEOC Administrator meetings sending invitations and tracking attendees, develop the agenda for topics and share new developments/functionality, communicate any issues or activities with the group.
o Provide briefings to the customer and jurisdiction administrators.
o Provide WebEOC Admin training as needed to new administrators due to turnover.
o Identifies, acquires, and utilizes resources to achieve project technical objectives.
o Coordinate and ensure WebEOC Systems interoperability.
o Evaluate new releases and plugin tool releases for WebEOC by Juvare.
• The candidate must meet the needs of multiple jurisdictions while keeping a cohesive environment that promotes communication and collaboration among the groups involved.
• Provide operational guidance, technical and administrative support for projects.
o Evaluate new and emerging technology for the WebEOC projects.
o Perform WebEOC server updates and install software releases
o Provide support, coordination, and updates for deployments of new WebEOC and plugin releases for the regional systems.
o Conduct and coordinate WebEOC system testing
o Assist with troubleshooting technical issues in the WebEOC application and work with the vendor to resolve them by opening help tickets, following-up with vendor support, and conducting remote sessions.
• Manage the developers and their tasks and perform some web development work as needed.
o Test and review boards (web pages) developed by the team.
o Assist with board debugging efforts and software release testing.
o Conduct requirements refinement with customer requests for WebEOC boards, troubleshoot technical issues, and work with the vendor to resolve help tickets. The position provides technical support to WebEOC end users through help tickets, email, phone calls, and board usage guides.
o The position involves technical work of designing WebEOC boards (input forms and display views) from user requirements and requires knowledge of HTML, XML, and Java script programming languages.
• Provides technical writing support
o Provide updates to baseline user manual
o Update the NCR WebEOC Administrator manual as needed
o Coordinate article collection data, compose articles, and compile the Quarterly newsletter
o Develop board catalog entries and Board Usage Guides
o Prepares instructional documents (handouts, job aids, and other guides) to assist end users with WebEOC.
• Responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with the projects and for supporting new business development by leading or assisting with proposals.
• After hour support may be required to assist local jurisdiction Emergency Managers should a local Emergency Operation Center be activated.
• On-site support and travel to each of the regional instances of WebEOC may be required.
• SQL database administration knowledge DESIRED
• VM knowledge DESIRED
• Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or seven to nine years of related experience.
• Must have experience designing and developing MS SQL Reports
• Experience in web design and using web/image design/editing software
• Experience working with database web applications WebEOC board development experience desired
• Experience working with software end users providing application support.
• Able to understand process flow documentation (flow charts, work flow diagrams, etc.) and translate into a web application
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work in a team and complete assignments on time with periodic supervision.
• High attention to detail.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Prefer experience working with Microsoft Windows Server OS, IIS, SQL 2008 or later