U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a senior software developer to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island. We are looking for world class contributors to join our team solving problems that are both technically challenging and cutting-edge. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, algorithm development, embedded and real-time programming, modeling and simulation, and performance testing. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
Raytheon BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers benefits including a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, and performance based bonuses.
Minimum qualifications & skills required:
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Minimum BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant discipline and 6 years of experience
• Hands-on experience developing real-time software
• Proficiency using C/C++ and/or Java in a Linux environment
• Working knowledge of MATLAB
Skills and Experience desired:
• Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulation software highly desired
• Experience with Legacy WAF and/or EC-WAF software suites highly desired
• Experience developing/modeling/prototyping algorithms and frameworks
• Previous experience in design, implementation, debug, and test a plus
• Experience implementing and optimizing acoustic signal processing algorithms a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Additional experience and/or education will be considered and compensated for accordingly
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.