Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an experienced systems engineering lead to oversee development, support, and maintenance at Raytheon’s Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) at Newark Liberty International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, John F. Kennedy Airport, and Teterboro Airport. The position requires the candidate be local to the airport sites and use John F. Kennedy Airport or LaGuardia Airport as home base.
The PIDS program is part of the Navigation, Weather, and Services (NWS) mission area within IIS and the PIDS program office is located in Marlborough, MA. NWS mission area provides satellite-based mission planning and data processing to support civil and military missions, specializing in the ground systems needed to launch, operate and plan satellite missions. NWS also provides modernized air traffic management with a focus on cyber-hardened avionics, GPS-guided precision landing, and enhanced weather planning. The PIDS program is part of the Highway Tolling Solutions sub-mission area.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions —backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise— is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
This position is for a System Engineer who is part of a multi-disciplined engineering team across Newark Liberty International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, John F. Kennedy Airport, and Teterboro Airport. This position works under direction of lead system engineer in the execution of integration, test, and maintenance activities of the components within the PIDS system.
This position is located in New York.
• Six (6) Systems engineering experience – to include requirements analysis and development, large system design, system level integration, system testing (hands on), system integration, trouble shooting and testing
• Multi-disciplinary engineer, knowledgeable in multiple key technology areas including: Networking, Cameras, Radar, Virtualized computing environment, UPS, Software testing
• Support airport site lead with incident analysis
• Provide hotline support as needed
• Prepare test plans, procedures, and test reports
• Conduct customer capability selloff testing
• Perform site surveys to determine sensor and infrastructure placement of extra work projects
• Radar domain experience
• Cyber requirements experience
• DOORS experience
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.