The Advanced Electro-Optical and Mission Systems Department is currently in need for a Senior Electro-Optical Signal Processing Systems Engineer with hardware hands-on experience and Performance Analysis, Algorithms, Control Systems, and Optical Signal Processing capabilities. The systems engineer will lead a design team building Electro-Optical systems including imagers, passive/active EO tracking, LIDAR, and directed energy systems. The systems engineer will be responsible for performing trade studies, design, performance analysis, modeling, integration, and test in the support of the development and build of advanced electro-optical systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with very strong problem solving skills and also have demonstrated capability in design, integration and test of complex engineering systems.
Main tasks will be:
- Image/Signal processing and data analysis
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics, optics, phenomenology, and radiometry
- Development of Line-of-Sight stabilization, control systems, detection and tracking algorithms
- EO/IR system and algorithm performance analysis
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- The systems engineer needs to have a strong background with optical signal processing and EO systems.
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience with at least 8 years working on design, build or testing of EO systems or EO platforms
- Knowledge in image & signal processing theory and practice
- Knowledge of and experience with HW integration for electro-optical systems
- Prior leadership experience managing systems engineering tasks or multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with analytics, Matlab/Simulink and C/C++ programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in the area of IR sensors, tracking, detection, optical signal processing, calibration, and radiometric sensitivity modeling
- Knowledge in estimation theory and numerical methods along with some practical experience in these areas
- Experience in vehicle guidance, navigation and control
- Experience with parallel processing and CUDA programming
- EO/IR or Laser domain knowledge
- Technical experience in opto-mechanical engineering, control systems, embedded computing, or electronics
- Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing analysis using MATLAB, C++, Python, or similar language
- Knowledge and experience with LabVIEW, dSpace, or FPGA programming
Bachelor's of Science (B.S.) in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics, or related technical field; advanced degree(s) preferredDesired Education:
Master’s of Science (M.S.) or PhD in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.